Higher levels of certain fatty acids predicted poorer outcomes in COVID-19 patients with acute respiratory distress in a new NIEHS-funded study.
Water contaminant NDMA linked to cancer cluster in Massachusetts
N-nitrosodimethylamine, or NDMA, has been linked to a 1990s spike in childhood cancer in the town of Wilmington, Massachusetts.
New predictive model may speed toxicity screens, reduce animal use
The freely available CATMoS combines the strengths of 139 different computational approaches to organic chemical screening.
Intramural Papers of the Month
- NTP uses metabolomics to assess toxicity
- AEG12 inhibits mosquito-borne flavivirus by disrupting viral envelope
- Preterm birth, prolonged labor influenced by progesterone balance
- A single metabolic enzyme supervises cancer cell proliferation
- Breast cancer risk increases near age of sibling’s diagnosis