Inside the Institute
Calendar of Upcoming Events
Jan 06, Executive Conference Room noon–1:00 p.m. — Receptor Mechanisms Discussion Group, featuring Masahiko Negishi, Ph.D., discussing “Biology of the Conserved Phosphorylation of Nuclear CAR, ER alpha, and FXR”
Jan 13, Rodbell Auditorium 11:00 a.m.–noon — Distinguished Lecture Series presentation on “The Fetal Window of Susceptibility: Using Molecular Epidemiology to Understand the Role of Prenatal Environmental Exposures on Child Health and Development,” by Frederica Perera, Dr.P.H., Ph.D.
Jan 14–15, Rodbell Auditorium 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. — NIEHS Exposome Workshop
Jan 20, Keystone 1003AB 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. — Big Picture, Small Talk: Elk River Spill, by Scott Auerbach, Ph.D.
Jan 23, Rodbell Auditorium 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. — Cross-divisional Minisymposium on Epigenetics
Jan 27, Rall D350 11:00 a.m.–noon — National Toxicology Program Laboratory Seminar Series presentation on “Brain Slice Models for CNS Drug Discovery: Tales of Natural and Unnatural Products,” by Donald Lo, Ph.D.
Jan 27, webinar 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m. — Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Validation of Alternative Methods Community of Practice Webinar, with John Wambaugh, Ph.D., and Barbara Wetmore, Ph.D., discussing “Reverse Toxicokinetics: Using In Vitro Data to Estimate Exposures That Could Be Associated With Adverse Effects In Vivo,”
Jan 29, Rodbell Auditorium 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. — NIEHS Office of the Director seminar with Manijeh Berenji, M.D., discussing “Environmental Exposures and Impact on Reproductive Health: Current Knowledge and Future Directions”
View More Events: NIEHS Public Calendar
Extramural papers of the month/2015/1/dert/index.htm
- Triclosan associated with liver damage in mice
- Potential treatment for Parkinson’s targets mitochondrial dysfunction
- Biomonitoring studies should include phosphate flame retardants
- Killifish used to find genes that allow environmental adaptation
Intramural papers of the month/2015/1/dir/index.htm
- NTP finds a better animal model to evaluate the effects of chemical exposure
- Time-lapse crystallography reveals link between oxidative stress and disease
- MED25 mediates epigenetic regulation of human drug metabolism gene CYP2C9
- Researchers find protein involved in glucocorticoid-resistant asthma
- Ambient air pollution increases the risk of asthma and wheeze in adult women