Inside the Institute
Calendar of Upcoming Events
Aug 05, Executive Conference Room 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. — Receptor Mechanisms Discussion Group seminar by Carmen Williams, M.D., Ph.D., "Estrogenic Chemical Exposure and Female Reproductive Tract Dysfunction"
Aug 07, Rodbell A 9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m. — NTP Biomolecular Screening Branch Seminar Series presentation, “Swimming Upstream: The Pfizer Zebrafish Story,” by Donald Stedman, Ph.D.
Aug 12, Rodbell Auditorium 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. — NTP Report on Carcinogens Peer Review Meeting
Aug 15, Rodbell Auditorium 9:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m. — The Office of Human Research Compliance Practical Applications and Regulatory Considerations in Human Research seminar series, “Certificates of Confidentiality,” by Leslie Wolf, J.D., and Kimberly Gray.
Aug 18, Rodbell Auditorium 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. — Symposium on Assessing Exposures and Health Effects Related to Indoor Biomass Fuel Burning
Aug 22 (Off-site event), RTI International in Research Triangle Park 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. — NIH Eastern Regional Comprehensive Metabolomics Resource Core Symposium
Aug 24–28 (Off-site event), University of Washington School of Public Health, Seattle, Washington — 26th Annual International Society for Environmental Epidemiology Conference - From Local to Global: Advancing Science for Policy in Environmental Health.
Sep 03–05 (Off-site event), William H. Natcher Conference Center on the NIH campus in Bethesda, Maryland 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. — “Adverse Outcome Pathways: From Research to Regulation,” presented by NICEATM and Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
View More Events: NIEHS Public Calendar
Extramural papers of the month/2014/8/dert/index.htm
- Broccoli sprout beverage helps detoxify air pollutants
- The effects of early-life air pollution exposure on brain development
- Enhancing vesicular packaging may offer new therapeutic target for Parkinson’s
- Potential treatment for mustard gas skin exposure
Intramural papers of the month/2014/8/dir/index.htm
- NTP develops novel testing strategy
- Solvent exposure before first birth may increase breast cancer risk
- GWAS meta-analysis reveals new DNA loci of lung function
- dGTP starvation has detrimental effects on cells
- Nrf2 increases ABC transporter expression at blood-brain barriers